Friday 12 July 2013

Another day, another miracle weight loss diet


This one is from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Virginia Tech where researchers claim to have reviewed the literature on the subject and concluded that a liter of water a day helps melt the pounds away.  

Another report covered at the same time concluded that people who drink 2 cups of water before every meal will lose more weight than people who don’t.

I suppose the theory is that water fills you up and you won’t eat as much consequently.

Maybe.

But count me as a skeptic: I figure that no matter how much you drink every day, if you are overweight and you tend to favour crap in your diet, you are going to have a very tough time eliminating enough of that garbage to make any serious dent in your weight.

Worth a try, though.

But only if you like water.

I hate the stuff, so thanks, but no thanks from me.